Our Dry Stone Walling workshops are back this Autumn!
Spend a morning outdoors and learn something new in this practical 3 hour workshop.
You will learn the basic principles of how to build a traditional dry stone wall and/or retaining wall, using local stone quarried from Quince Honey Farm itself. You will also learn how to introduce wildlife features into the wall such as bird, bat and toad holes, bee boles, or perhaps just somewhere to place your drink!
Dry stone walling is a positive and calming outdoors experience, and this workshop offers a great opportunity to learn a new skill, in the fresh air, surrounded by nature and wildlife. The course covers preparation of ground, quoins and repairs, and construction techniques for slopes, water edge, hedge, standard wall and retention. You can work at your own pace, with plenty of opportunity for discussion, then stand back and admire your craftsmanship and enjoy a cake and hot drink for your hard work!
Dates and times:
- Wednesday 20th September 2023, 10am – 1pm
- Wednesday 4th October 2023, 10am – 1pm
Price: £45 per person
Click HERE to book online (booking fee applies), or book by phone (01769 572 401), or in person in our shop! Places are limited to a maximum of 15 participants, so booking is essential.
- Suitable for people aged 16 and over and for beginners – no experience is necessary.
- The course is taught outside so please bring weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing: warm clothing/layers, waterproofs, gloves, sturdy shoes/boots, hat, and sun cream. Please bring a pair of working/gardening gloves and a notebook and pen to make notes if you wish. All other materials are provided.
- This workshop requires dexterity in the fingers and is not suitable for people with arthritis in their hands or similar conditions that affect dexterity.
- Includes one hot/cold (non-alcoholic) drink and 1 slice of cake per person.
- Includes a 10% discount voucher to spend in the shop on the day.
- Places are limited so advance booking is essential.
- This workshop requires a minimum number of bookings to go ahead, in the event of cancellation by Quince Honey Farm customers will receive a full refund.