Would you like to fill your house with flowers, from your own garden, for months on end?
Come along to this workshop to find out how to plant your own plot! Learn how to design and prepare a cutting patch in your very own garden and how to choose the perfect mix of seeds for a continual supply of beautiful home-grown flowers. Our Head Gardener will guide you on general flower growing throughout the year, how to get an ample supply of flowers from March to October, the do’s and don’ts of seed sowing and some handy tips for a successful start. You will come away with the skills and confidence in knowing when and how to sow, grow and harvest using only natural methods to control pests, with zero pesticides, so that your flower patch will be pollinator friendly too! You will learn of the key jobs needed to nurture your growing flowers and, when they are ready to cut, how to cut them so they’ll keep giving you more blooms and what else you can do to give the longest vase life. Our Head Gardener may even share some more of her secrets, such as to how to use trial beds and the propagation techniques to maximise the amount of plants grown.
This workshop will teach you everything you need to know to create your own cutting patch and be able to step outside into your garden, cut your own flowers, whenever you want them, to decorate your home or give as a gift to someone special. You won’t be buying flowers ever again after this!
Date: Tue 30th April 2024
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
To book your space online please select HERE (booking fee applies), or book by telephone 017469 572 401, or in person in our shop. Places are limited so advance booking is essential!
- This workshop is suitable for ages 14+ and for gardening beginners as well as those who have experience but are looking to improve.
- Please bring gardening gloves, a trowel, a kneeling pad and a notebook and pen to make notes if you wish. All other materials are provided.
- This is a hands-on outside workshop with practical lessons and tips on cultivation, picking, conditioning and arranging flowers. Please wear weather-appropriate and comfortable clothing and footwear and dress for mess!
- Includes a selection of seeds and a seed tray to take home and continue your growing project.
- One hot/cold (non-alcoholic) drink and a slice of cake is included in the price.
- The workshop is held here at the Nectar Gardens of Quince Honey Farm and will go ahead in all weathers, but we may have to cancel if the weather is extremely unfavourable.
- Includes a 10% discount voucher to spend in the shop.
- Places are limited so advance booking is essential. If the event becomes fully booked and you would like to join the waiting list for cancellations, please email us on [email protected].
- This workshop requires a minimum number of bookings to go ahead, in the event of cancellation by Quince Honey Farm customers will receive a full refund.