Learn how to create your own bee-friendly hanging basket or plant pot that will be the envy of your neighbours!
Planting your own pollinator plugs is a fabulous way to create a bespoke and beautiful flowering display. Many bedding plants commonly used for hanging baskets and pots are typically devoid of wildlife value. We invite you to plant up an alternative – packed with pollen and nectar for our pollinators! In this workshop you will be selecting plant plugs/seedlings grown at Quince Honey Farm that are not only beautiful but are bee-friendly too. Our Head Gardener, Rebecca, will give you a tour of the Nectar Gardens and will then guide you through creating your own hanging basket or plant pot display using your selection. The workshop includes a hot drink and a slice of cake as a reward for your efforts!
At the end of the workshop you can take your hanging basket or plant pot home with you and then enjoy watching your plants flower and flourish! Once in bloom, your hanging basket will provide a delicious feast for bees, butterflies and pollinators of all kinds and help to bring biodiversity and wildlife into your garden. A perfect gift for any gardeners or flower lovers, or a nice treat for yourself!
Why not book onto our willow hanging basket workshop on 24th April and craft your own basket to use? Customers who book on both workshops will receive a 10% discount on this one! For more details about the willow hanging basket workshop please click HERE.
Date: Tuesday 14th May 2024
Time: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Cost: £25 per person
Please book online HERE (booking fee applies), or by telephone 017469 572 401, or in person in our shop! Places are limited so advance booking is essential.
- Please bring your own hanging basket or plant pot with you (30cm diameter is suggested), plus gardening gloves, trowel and kneeling pad. All other materials including peat-free compost are provided.
- The workshop will be held outside so please bring weather-appropriate clothing and dress for mess!
- Suitable for beginners, age 14+, no experience is necessary
- Includes a hot/cold drink and slice of cake.
- Please do think about how you will take your basket/pot home as it may be heavy. A box, trug or sturdy bag is advised.
- The 10% workshop discount is valid only when customers book both the ‘Willow Basket Weaving’ workshop (24 April) and the ‘Planting for Pollinators’ workshop (14th May) and the discount will be applied to one of the workshops (not both).
- Includes a 10% discount voucher to spend in the shop on the day.
- Places are limited so advance booking is essential. If the event becomes fully booked and you would like to join the waiting list for cancellations, please email us on [email protected].
- This workshop requires a minimum number of bookings to go ahead, in the event of cancellation by Quince Honey Farm customers will receive a full refund.