Join us to learn the ancient craft of willow weaving and create a beautiful willow bird house!
In time for the bird nesting season, weave your garden birds a beautiful and sustainably built home in this 3 hour workshop. You will learn the basic skills and techniques of working with willow to create a wonderful willow bird house which can be hung in your garden for the birds to move into, or to use as a bird feeder.
Willow weaving uses natural and environmentally-friendly materials, and in this workshop we will use willow harvested from the grounds at Quince Honey Farm. You will find yourself immersed in the wonderful world of willow weaving and finish with a beautiful bird house feeder to take home with you. Enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake for all your efforts, too!
This could be a perfect gift for your very own love bird just after Valentines Day.
Did you know? Little has changed in the craft of willow weaving and basket-making in the thousands of years it has been used. All sorts of items can and have been made from willow across the course of human history, including hats, baskets, cricket bats, shelters, coracles, clogs, wheel spokes, rope, coffins, creels and even beehives (to name but a few!). These days it is commonly used for basket making, fencing, garden sculptures and general arts and crafts – including bird feeders!
Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: £40 per person
To book your space online please select HERE (booking fee applies), or book by telephone 017469 572 401, or in person in our shop. Places are limited so advance booking is essential!
- Workshop is suitable for complete beginners, no experience necessary
- Suitable for ages 14+
- Please bring secateurs with you if possible, and a notebook and pen to make notes if you wish. All other materials are provided.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. Layers is a good idea as willow work is active and you may find you will get quite warm.
- Workshop price includes one hot/cold drink and a slice of cake.
- This workshop requires dexterity in the fingers and is not suitable for people with arthritis in their hands or similar conditions that affect dexterity.
- Includes a 10% discount voucher to spend in the shop on the day.
- Places are limited so advance booking is essential. If the event becomes fully booked and you would like to join the waiting list for cancellations, please email us on [email protected].
- This workshop requires a minimum number of bookings to go ahead, in the event of cancellation by Quince Honey Farm customers will receive a full refund.